Influenced by all the spring cleaning going on around me, I decided to set my organizational sights on something often overlooked by even the neatest of neat freaks: my make-up bag. I was able to toss a few old items (bye bye, two year old blush brush), as well as some less desirable options (anybody need sparkly lime-green eyeshadow?). A good number of items, however, did make my cosmetic cut. Keep reading to find out what staples I keep in my makeup bag!
1. CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder – The perfect way to look like you’re not wearing makeup (even when you are). It keeps my face from getting shiny, but is so light that it doesn’t look caked on.
2. Goody Bobby Pins
– I always keep a few on hand in case a stray hair gets in my eyes. These work well for fancier updo’s too!
3. Avon 12-in-1 Color Palette
- The shimmery shadows range from an ethereal white to a vibrant pink to a shadowy black. The colors all mix and match so I can build any look I want.
6. e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner (black)
- When I’m feeling dramatic (makeup-wise, I mean) or just want to make sure my eyeliner stays put, I instantly grab this liner. The applicator makes it easy to put on so don’t worry if you’re not an expert with liquid liner.
7.CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara (Black) –
CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara
My all-time favorite beauty product! I have been OBSESSED with this mascara since it first appeared on shelves. It instantly makes my blonde lashes look longer and darker but doesn’t get clumpy like other brands.
8. Avon Glimmerstick (Sugar Plum)
– This shimmery, purple eyeliner goes on easy but makes a big impact. I love wearing it during a night out with friends. It’s a nice alternative to black liner.
9. ChapStick Lip Shield –
There is no greater annoyance than chapped lips. Keep the sunlight out and the moisture in with this balm.
There you have it – your sneak peek into the mysterious world of my
Were any of your favorites on here? Share your go-to items in the comments below!
Brighten up and look alert.
In college, it seems we never have enough time or sleep. However, this doesn’t mean you have to step out without looking your best! With these quick and easy tips, you can roll out of bed and head to class without looking like you just woke up.
1. Brighten Up: Being a student often means late nights at the library and out with friends. Just because you’re tired, however, doesn’t mean you have to show it! Give your complexion a warm glow with a luminescent highlighter (we love Benefit’s Watts Up!) on your cheeks and brow bones. You’ll look fresh-faced and ready…even for your early morning classes!
CoverGirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm
2. Ditch the Dark Circles: Late-night studying got you down? Ditch the under eye luggage that comes with being a night owl with this Anti-Puff Eye Roller from Garnier. Simply roll it under your eyes to get a bright-eyed and alert look at any time.
3. Beat the Bed Head: Struggling with a serious case of bed head and need a remedy ASAP? Why not try a dry shampoo? Simply spray over hair, wait a minute, and comb through. Formulas, like Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray, absorb the oils that make hair look greasy and leave hair looking freshly washed.
4. Flash your Pearly Whites: Looking happy is the best way to convince everyone – including yourself – that you’re ready to take on the day! Perfect your grin with CoverGirl’s Award-Winning NatureLuxe Gloss Balm. This lightweight sheer color (with SPF!) has just a hint of shine that will attract all attention to your best asset – your smile! Pick it up at select campus bookstores.
Think you’ll be trying out any of these tips? Let us know what regimen you use to keep yourself looking fresh in the comments below!
Written by Guest Blogger, Natalie B. – Indiana University’s Beauty Guru