Whether you have been looking forward to the Super Bowl since preseason or had no idea it was still football season, everyone has something to look forward to this Sunday: a marathon day of snacking. If we at The College Juice can plan a full Thanksgiving feast within the confines of a dorm room, we are confident we can tackle a Super Bowl Feast as well. Giants and Patriots fans alike won’t be able to resist cheering for the easy-to-make menu ideas we’re about to bring you!
For our readers that are a little more adventurous, we’ve got some recipe ideas that are sure to please. You’ll only need a few ingredients and you’ll be all set to watch the game! We found this Spicy Blue Cheese Dip recipe on the Delish website and just had to share it.
Everyone will be cheering for YOUR Super Bowl snacks!
Spicy Blue Cheese Dip
What You’ll Need:
2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What You’ll Do:
Whisk sour cream, blue cheese, vinegar, and cayenne in a small bowl – we told you it was easy! Microwave TGI Friday’s Buffalo Wings per instructions on package. Serve the dip in a bowl with Buffalo Wings. Yum!
Here are some other mouth-watering dip ideas we came across. Choose just one or make them all!
Easy Layered Dip from Kitchen Daily
8-Layer Mexican Dip from CDKitchen (Vegetarian!!)
In case you’re looking to add something sweet to your party (touchdown snacks, anyone?) we found this Touchdown Truffle recipe on Food.com and couldn’t keep it to ourselves. The best part? It only requires 2 simple ingredients!
What You’ll Need:
1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
What You’ll Do:
- Crush Oreos in plastic bag
- Add Cream Cheese and Oreos in bowl and mix together
- Chill the mixture in fridge for about 5 minutes
- Roll hunks of mixture into a ball about 1 1/2 inch wide (shape to look like football if you wish!)
- Chill before serving
For those pressed for time or those that aren’t as confident in their concocting abilities, these items are bought ready-to-serve or at least require very little preparation. Most can be picked up right from your campus bookstore!
Don't these look delicious? Go to TerraChips.com to check out all the flavors!
- Chex Mix (My favorite is the Bold Party Blend, but opt for the Chocolate Turtle flavor if you’re looking for something sweet)
- Terra Chips
- TGI Friday’s Buffalo Wings (pop in the microwave and pair with the Blue Cheese Dressing recipe we’ve included above, of course!)
- Dirty brand Chips
- Pre-made Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Tortilla Chips (Food Should Taste Good brand is delicious AND healthy)
- Flipz Chocolate Covered Pretzels (salty and sweet is always a good choice)
- Campell’s Chunky Roadhouse Chili with Beans Microwave Bowl (combine a few containers for a larger serving and add crumbled tortilla chips and shredded cheese for extra flavor!)
- Beverages – soda, juice, and iced tea are always good options
Whether you act as the sole host/hostess or opt for a potluck-style floor gathering, it will definitely be a Super Bowl to remember. Both team’s colors are a mix of red, white, and blue so don’t forget to decorate accordingly! Share any more ideas or suggestions you have in the comment box below. Enjoy!