Preparing for dreaded finals week is so stressful! Here are some tips to make the week easier for you.
- Put together study packets for all of your classes. These packets should include notes, decks posted by your professor and practice problems.
- Make a schedule to map out when you are going to study and what specifically you are going to work on. This will help you allocate your time between classes. I’ve found that whenever I make a study schedule I instantly feel less stressed. It helps me to know what I need to do and when I need to do it rather than just feeling like I need to do everything at once.
- If you are unclear about any material, visit your professor during his or her office hours. I have gone to my computer professor’s office hours so many times this semester! At first I thought he would be annoyed with me, but he actually said he appreciates that I’m so dedicated to doing well in his class.
- Be sure to take study breaks. If you study too long without taking breaks, it will be harder to focus. During my study breaks, I love to watch music videos on Youtube. Right now I’m obsessed with all of Adele’s videos! Here’s one I particularly love: http://bit.ly/tybChW
- Take care of your body with exercise, a healthy diet and plenty of sleep. This will help you focus and also help you avoid getting sick. I try to walk briskly for at least 30 minutes a day (it helps clear my mind and get my heart rate up) and eat scrambled eggs and fruit for breakfast on test days.
Good luck and remember the end of the semester is almost here, so study hard now and then you will be able to relax and enjoy your break!
~ Guest Blogger Natalie B., Indiana University, Finals Week Hero