As college students, we are always looking for a good deal when it comes to shopping. With that in mind, here’s how you can save a bundle on make-up removing wipes! One Good Thing by Jillee shows us how to make these wipes (and other types) rather inexpensively. All you need is a roll of paper towels, coconut, and baby wash (or face wash).
What You’ll Need:
- Roll of paper towels
- Knife (to cut the paper towel roll in half)
- Coconut oil
- Plastic container (to hold the wipes)
- 4 cups of warm water (distilled is recommended)
What You’ll Do:
1) Cut the roll of paper towels in half – be careful! Try to remove the cardboard insert.
2) Place the roll in a plastic container
3) Add 4 cups warm [distilled] water and 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
4) Let soak. You’re done!
Make-up wipes typically cost $6 for about 25 wipes. Why pay for this when you can make them yourself using only half a roll of paper towels? PLUS, you’ll have DOUBLE that amount since you’re cutting the paper towels in half! You’ll also have plenty of leftover coconut oil and baby wash to make more. Coconut Oil runs at about $2, baby wash is about $2.50, and one roll of paper towels is about $1.75. For just $7 you’ll certainly be getting more make-up remover for your money.
For more information on how to mix the ingredients and remove the cardboard roll from the center, click here.
We are always looking for more DIY topics! Post yours in the comment field below if you have any ideas!
Written by Guest Blogger, Maria Cafferata