The transition from summer to fall might mean no more days at the beach, but it does usher in the spirited season of tailgating. Whether you opt for the comfort of a T-shirt and jeans or prefer something a bit more dressed up, we’re here to help you look your best while you cheer on your team.
LOOK #1: Nothing shows your school spirit quite like a logo-d T-shirt. Pair it with jeans and a pair of Converse for a laid-back look. A printed scarf, however, is a fun way to accessorize the otherwise casual outfit. Finish it off with a bright pair of sunglasses, and you’re ready to go!
LOOK #2: This next outfit maintains the perfect balance of rugged and feminine. Rock your spirit gear in a unique way by pulling on a pair of collegiate cowboy boots from your campus bookstore and pairing them with a flowery sundress and belt. Neutral aviators will keep the sun out of your eyes, while flowered studs add some sparkle to your ears.
LOOK #3: If you had to choose between comfy and cute, which would you pick? What if I told you that there is an easy way to achieve both? Pair your favorite school-spirited top with leggings and a boyfriend cardigan for a look that’s super comfortable. Just add in a pair of ballet flats and some earrings.
You’re all ready for the big game! Which outfit will you be sporting this season?
As you gear up for this season’s big games and tailgates, don’t forget to deck out your car! Here are a few ideas to help turn your car into the most talked about set of wheels on campus.
1. The most basic accessory for your car is a college decal. To let everyone you pass on the road know which team you support, pick one up with your school’s logo or mascot from your campus bookstore.
2. Vanity license plates are available for some schools, and many times proceeds from their sale goes toward supporting programs on campus. Die-hard fans will love having their car permanently associated with their alma mater. If I had a vanity plate, I’d pick RUKNIGHT.
3. Windowflags are designed specifically to be flown from a car. Stop by your campus bookstore to see which options are available for your school.
4. A license plate frame adds a splash of school spirit you can leave on all year-round. Your campus bookstore has subtle and vibrant styles which are sure to please everyone, alumni included!
5. Go all out for Homecoming, rivalry games or a road trip with washable window paint. You can write your school or mascot name, numbers of your favorite players or get even more creative and use stencils. Just be sure not to create any blind spots – safety first!
Do you have any ideas we missed for decorating your car? Share them with us in the comments below!
One Great Tailgate
Football season is about to kick-off and we know you are looking forward to a full season of tailgating for all of your team’s games. Here are some fun things to do so your tailgate is as fun as the game itself!
- Tossing a football is one of the easiest things to do at a tailgate and can involve a lot of people. Stop in your campus bookstore to pick up a spirited football before the next big game. Just be careful not to hit anyone!
- I have come to consider Cornhole a staple of any tailgate. Cornholehowto.com offers a user-friendly guide to building your own set, including the bean bags. Decals are available at many campus bookstores which can be used to customize your set for your school. Remember to share pictures of your completed set with us!
- Ladder Ball is another popular tailgate game. JustBuildStuff.com shares instructions for constructing the ladder portion of the game out of PVC pipes. You can pick up golf balls in your school’s colors to make the part you toss, called the bolas.
- Get decked out to show off your school spirit. Many campus bookstores have face paint, stickers, beads, hair accessories, and leis, among other accessories, to help you show your pride for big games. Stock up on these festive items and share with fellow tailgaters.
- No tailgate is complete without food! Burgers, sandwiches, chips, cookies – we’re a fan of all sorts of tailgate foods. Have a list prepared ahead of time so everyone knows what they can contribute to make every tailgate great!
What games do you like to play during a tailgate? Share your favorite activity with us in the comments below!