Well, I know it doesn’t feel like it yet for some of us, but Spring is finally here! It’s that time again to blow the dust off your favorite open-toe wedges and start chucking those haven’t-fit-since-the-seventh-grade-but-maybe-next-year jeans to make room for the hottest trends of 2014.
This year, floral is all the rage and personally, I couldn’t be any more excited. Now, I know what you’re thinking, “Floral?? I think my grandma lives in that part of the department store.” But have no fear! Whether your style is edgy or chic, girly or casual – I’ve got you covered!
1. For a casual look that still makes a statement, try out a high-waisted floral print legging or jean with a muted crop top or boyfriend tank. Add a pair of converse and – voila! This outfit is sure to get you some positive attention – without experiencing that uncontrollable urge to check how you look in any and all reflective surfaces throughout the day.
2. When blended with leather, any outfit can be edgy (even Grandma’s). This electric floral crop top is perfectly balanced by a high-waisted leather mini. Try something similar for a noticeable look on a fun night out with the girls. Keep it from being too over-the-top by candy-colored flats with a pastel clutch.
3. It’s festival season and our last look is perfect. Take flowery denim shorts, but tone down the “foofiness” by adding a relaxed graphic tee. Lace-up boots are perfect for dancing around in the mud all day, while spiky jewelry adds an edgy touch.
Shop The Look:
(Outfit 1) Leggings from Delia’s, Crop Top from Collective Habit, Sneakers from Converse, Bee Charming Jewelry Necklace from MetroPark USA, Sunglasses from Aerie
(Outfit 2) Crop Top from Forever 21, High-Waisted Leather Skirt from NastyGal, Double Fold-Over Clutch from Daily Look, Flats from Whistles UK
(Outfit 3) Rose Denim Shorts from Forever 21, Volcom Graphic Tee from Tilly’s, Boots from 6PM, Spike, Cross, & Skull Bangle Set from Charlotte Russe, Kalo Spike Earrings from Swell
1. A classic sleeveless floral dress is a look that doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. Its high-waisted cinch makes this a flattering outfit for all spring beauties. Whether you’re headed to class or out to lunch, you can’t go wrong with this look unless you don’t go at all!
2. For more formal occasions, try a floral midi dress paired with a cardigan. A stunning outfit can boost your confidence and help make a great impression when it’s most important. Use that flower power, girl!
3. Lastly, we have the gorgeous floral maxi dress. The flattering high waist and flowing, lightweight fabric give you the best of ALL worlds – formal, casual, chic, sleek and comfortable. What else could you ask for? A pocket built specifically for hamburgers? Maybe that’s just me.
Shop The Look:
(Outfit 1) Dress from Modcloth, Shoes from TopShop, Towne & Reese Lillian Earrings from Pink Mascara
(Outfit 2) Flower Print Midi Dress from Quiz Clothing, Cardigan from John Lewis, Shoe Cult Cobalt Pumps from NastyGal, Daisy Necklace from Brandy Melville USA
(Outfit 3) Black VNeck Floral Maxi Dress from New Look, Cat-Eye Sunglasses from zeroUV, Sandals from American Eagle, Layla Bangle Set from Forever New
All in all, I think it’s safe to say floral is going to be huge this season. Did you find something you like? More to add to the list? Let us know! Tag your floral fashion online with #bnITlist2014.
Written by Blogger, Sandy Gomez