In honor of National Women’s History Month, we wanted to know: Which woman has influenced your life the most?
We posed the question to our Facebook fans and created a pretty inpiring list of powerful women! So, in no particular order, here are some women our Facebook fans think are worthy of praise:
Moms topped the list (and we were so very happy to see that). Our fans had some wonderful things to say about their mums. Adrianne C. said, “My mom was the most influential in my life. She taught me about life, what it takes to be a good mother, and how important education is.” We heart moms, too.
Another group we were thrilled to see make the list were teachers! Tamarus S. acknowledged third grade teacher Mrs. Curtis on our Fan Page while Crystal S. recognized college French professor Dr. Charvier-Berman for having “changed [her] life so much for the better having known her these past 12 years.” Kimberly L. credits her teacher Mrs. Mims with teaching her “coping skills that have helped form who I am today.” Teachers may not realize it, but their influence certainly goes way beyond the classroom.
3. J.K. Rowling British author of the Harry Potter series (Love those books!)
4. Mother Teresa Recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 and founder of ‘Missionaries of Charity’ Christy H. and Cassandra B. agree that Mother Teresa deserves a spot on this list.
5. Wangari Maathai First African woman and environmentalist to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize (2004)
6. Mia Hamm, retired professional soccer player. You go girl!
7. Wives Mark M. said the most influential woman in his life is “a toss between my mom and my wife.” Super sweet!
8. Eleanor Roosevelt, Former First Lady and Civil Rights Advocate
9. Grandma! Shout out to all the grandmas in the world who bake us cookies and love us unconditionally.
10. Oprah, Host of the talk show ‘Oprah’, producer, philanthropist
11. Queen Victoria, Queen of Great Britain and Ireland from 1837-1901
12. Florence Nightingale, English nurse