During the past few weeks, you have had to make some very tough decisions– choosing between vampires or werewolves, hot dog or hamburger, textbook rental or digital books? But the toughest question of all is still unanswered and we want to put this issue to rest. What’s your choice? Chocolate or Vanilla?
It blows your mind, right? Which to choose?!
Personally, I choose vanilla. To me the taste is sweeter, more refreshing and not as “rich” as chocolate. But, other than comparing the tastes, I wanted to learn a bit more about the delicious flavors and came across some interesting stats. And of course I HAD to share 🙂
Chocolate Fun Facts (via tinyprints.com)
1. The average American eats 10 to 12 pounds of chocolate each year.
2. Chocolate can be frozen for up to six months.
3. The shelf life for chocolate is one year.
4. US manufacturers use 3.5 million pounds of whole milk every day to make chocolate.
5. The largest chocolate bar ever made weighed over 5,000 pounds and was made in Italy in 2000.
Are you drooling yet?
Vanilla Fun Facts (via Amadeus Vanilla Beans)
1. The vanilla bean is the cured dried fruit of the vanilla orchid.
2. The vanilla orchid is the only orchid that bears fruit.
3. Vanilla is the most labor intensive of all agricultural products.
4. Vanilla is the second most expensive spice in the world, next to saffron.
So which do you choose? Chocolate or Vanilla?