Grease trucks, Medium, Old Raritan, Ray Rice, RU rah rah, — sounds like a cluster of unrelated words, right? To most the answer is yes, but to a Rutgers student it is just part of their everyday vernacular. Here’s a look at the life of a Rutgers student.
- RU rah rah, RU rah rah—a chant that can be heard throughout all of New Brunswick come game day. Throwing on a red shirt to cheer for the scarlet knights are some of the best days.
- Number 1 in the Big East? – That may be wishful thinking for Rutgers fans. Number 1 fans in the Big East? – That is almost fact.
- All avid players of fantasy football know Ray Rice is almost a guarantee for big points, and those with him on their team can thank Rutgers for that. He is one of our homegrown and one of our most prized former players. Giants, Jets and Eagles fans all have a hard time rooting against the Ravens around here.
Going back to an oldie, but a goodie
- Founded in 1766, Rutgers is the eighth oldest college in the United States, in fact it’s older than the United States—Whoa!
- Founded on the banks of the old Raritan (what the old alumni like to call it) Rutgers is actually where the first intercollegiate football game was played against Princeton.
- Speaking of ivy league schools, Rutgers students take pride in the fact our school declined an ivy league invitation; TWICE
- The anticipated monthly issue of the Medium, our mock newspaper, always keeps the students laughing
- The social scene at our famous Grease Trucks (which may now be forced off campus…*gasp!) always make for an interesting night
That random cluster of words doesn’t seem so random now does it?
~ Lauren C., Supreme Scarlet Knight