In a perfect world, the weekend would function solely as an opportunity to relax and enjoy oneself in preparation for the upcoming week. However, with homework assignments and other responsibilities, leisure time often falls by the wayside. Though some of us actually enjoy those hours spent gulping coffee and feverishly typing up outlines in the library (don’t judge, okay?), it is important to find time for yourself. Research indicates that partaking in fun leisure activities lowers stress and, ultimately, increases productivity. Don’t worry, we’ve got a list of inexpensive suggestions for you right here:
1) Take a walk with a friend. Why not exercise while you get your gossip fix?
2) Host a game night.
3) Watch a movie or two. My roommates and I were so tired, we watched three Harry Potter movies in a row once. Needless to say, it was one of the best days of my life.
4) Cook something (or learn to cook in general).
5) Turn on some music, grab your roommate, and clean your dorm room until it sparkles.
6) Take a nap.
7) Have a Wii tournament.
8 ) Pamper yourself. Guys, don’t knock a good face mask until you try it.
9) Go to the library and read a book just for fun.
10) Start a game of football. Or soccer. Or kickball. Anything to get your blood pumping.
I feel rejuvenated already. If you have any suggestions of your own, post a comment below!