It’s (finally) Friday and what better way to welcome the weekend than with a quick recap of all the things we couldn’t get enough of this week? From snacks to sports to social media, we’re covering all of our latest obsessions.
1. Linsanity: I’ll admit it, I’m intrigued by the hype. Whether you’re a die-hard Knicks fan or have never set foot on a basketball court, it’s hard to resist the inspiring story of Jeremy Lin. The Harvard grad was sleeping on his brother’s couch before he finally got his chance to show off his skills. If nothing else, you’ve got to love the handshake between him and teammate, Landry Fields (If you’ve missed it, check it out here).
2. Pinterest: The social media site that launched a thousand pinboards is growing in popularity each day…and for good reason! It allows you to organize all the internet things you come across onto your own virtual bulletin boards – perfect for an organization freak like me. Charlie Sheen would call that “#pinning.”
3. The College Freshman Meme: He’s baaaa-aaack! Remember the slightly goofy, over-eager looking kid that rose to minor internet stardom via the “College Freshman” meme? Well years later he has returned – as a senior! Mashable has all of the photos that started a whole new set of jokes.
4. The Walking Dead: If you’re absolutely entranced by the story of Rick Grimes and the other characters on AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” you know that another fantastic episode debuted this past Sunday. After a break that was way too long for my liking, though probably rather brief in the TV world, the zombies really are back and better than ever. As someone who is not a usual fan of the “monster” genre (I’ve never seen a Twilight movie or a single episode of True Blood – don’t hate me), I must say this set of mythical terrors has changed my mind. Don’t miss it!
5. Hummus: As someone on the never-ending search for healthy snacks, I must say I can never eat enough hummus! Paired with raw veggies or whole wheat pita bread, this delicious spread is a good source of fiber and protein. It’s also perfect for vegetarians and vegans as well. Yum!
We hope you enjoyed reading what we can’t stop obsessing over this week. Have anything to add? Post a comment below!