Taking part in an internship is an exciting experience that offers a lot of opportunity for learning and growth. We’re here to help you make the most of your time as an intern. Check out this next installment to our Summer Job Series and you’ll be wowing everyone in no time!
1. Follow the rules: If you’re supposed to be at work by 9am, then be at work by 9am. If you’re given an hour for lunch, don’t take an hour and a half. Stick to the rules and follow directions. If there’s a dress code, follow it – even it seems like other people might not.
2. Be friendly, but professional: Be friendly with other employees but stay professional. Avoid gossip or office politics and stay focused on the task at hand. Form connections and use the time to network.
3. Be prepared for all tasks: Even if a task seems menial, keep your eyes on the bigger picture. Appreciate that just working in the office setting is a learning experience. Soak up everything you can and have a positive attitude. This leads us to our next tip…
4. Be enthusiastic: Approach everything with enthusiasm. Ask questions and show an interest in what is going on. This shows your employer that you are motivated and eager to learn about the industry.
5. Do your work correctly and thoroughly: Doing your work correctly is not just about impressing your boss, it is also a lesson for you. You’ll learn more from each task if you complete it thoroughly. Don’t cut corners or do the bare minimum – really invest yourself in what you’re doing.