From the dorm room to the classroom, college brings about a number of challenges. Learn to balance them all with these simple tips:
1) Use resources: Check out your school’s libraries, advisors and other resources to help find your way.
2) Get organized: Do it in whatever way works for you, but make sure you have a system for keeping up with your work.
3) Set goals: It’s easier to get where you’re going when you know where you’re going.
4) Go to class: Physically being in class helps you absorb info, meet study partners and get face time with your professors.
5) Seek help: No one breezes through college without help, so don’t be afraid to seek it out.
6) Develop new interests: There will never be a better time to explore new things. What’s something you’ve always wanted to try? Go for it!
7) Eat healthy: Grab a Balance Bar for breakfast instead of that donut, or an apple over cheese fries at lunch. Make good choices and avoid the dreaded “Freshman 15.” Your mind and body will thank you for it.
8 ) Stay active: Whether you’re tossing a Frisbee or playing intramurals, being active will help you stay sharp.
9) Get to know people: Branch out and you’ll form life-lasting relationships.
10) Maintain a social life: Classwork isn’t everything. Take the time to connect with friends.
11) Enjoy free time: Rest and relaxation are more important than you know.
12) Embrace failure: You’re not going to be good at everything, but you can learn valuable lessons even if you don’t succeed.
13) Stay in touch with family: Don’t lose touch with your support system. Keep your parents up-to-date on your life.
14) Prioritize: Staying up till 2am playing the Outlast the Clock challenge on Facebook might be fun, but don’t forget about that 8am exam.
15) Be smart: You don’t have to get all A’s to know the importance of being safe and staying out of trouble.
Do you have any other tips to share? Let us know in the comments below!
Written by Guest Blogger, David Law, Balance Bar