Have you ever spent time watching the Food Network and suddenly become inspired to whip up your own delicious desserts? Then reality sets in…you don’t have an actual kitchen in your dorm (#collegeproblems)! These sweet mug desserts from number-2-pencil only need a few ingredients, a mug, and a microwave. You might not be able to build a 3-layer fudge cake, but your fudge cake-in-a-mug will taste just as good.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 firmly packed tablespoon of light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons of semi sweet chocolate chunks
What You’ll Do:
- Melt butter in microwave safe mug or ramekin. Butter should be melted, not boiling.
- Stir together butter, sugars, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in egg yolk. Do not use egg white! Save for a different recipe or discard.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and stir again until well combined.
- Finally, add chocolate chunks.
Cook for about 45 seconds in microwave. Do not over cook. Microwave times may vary.
Check out more delightful dessert mug recipes here !›
Written by Guest Blogger, Myles Marcus