Recently, I’ve been very into natural and homemade solutions for every day needs. I’ve found that coconut oil works wonders for so many different things! I came across an awesome article (find it here!) about various uses you might not even have thought of. Here are my top five favorites:
1) Make-up remover: apply coconut oil to a cotton ball and use to remove eye make-up, lather it on your face to remove face makeup
2) Skin Moisturizer/Lotion: It leaves your skin feeling incredibly smooth!
3) Shaving Cream: Coconut Oil as a shaving cream is perfect for people with sensitive skin. It helps hydrate your skin as you’re shaving!
4) Clean Your Makeup Brushes: A great technique for keeping your make-up brushes free of bacteria! Mix antibacterial soap with coconut oil into a cup, swish your brushes around, and let them sit for a few minutes. Fantastic!
5) Fighting Dandruff: Massage coconut oil into the scalp!
Find out a few other genius uses for it here. Do you have any suggestions?
Written by Guest Blogger, Ilana S. of Rutgers University