Spring is finally here and you know what that means – our favorite fruits are in season! Instead of just snacking on plain old pieces of fruit, try out one (or four) of these fabulous twists on your old favorites.
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup granola
1. Combine strawberries and sugar in a small bowl and let stand for 5 minutes (or until berries release juice).
2. To assemble parfait, layer yogurt and strawberries with their juice in a 2-cup container.
3. Top with granola.
- 2 cups pineapple, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 slices prosciutto, finely sliced
1. Slice quartered pineapple into 8 wedges of even size.
2. Wrap each wedge in a half a slice of prosciutto.
- 2 oranges, the sweetest you can find
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Peel oranges, then slice crossways into rounds and arrange on plate.
2. Lightly dust with cinnamon and serve immediately.
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt, lime flavored
- 3 mangoes, peeled, pitted & cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tray ice cube
1. Place all ingredients into blender.
2. Blend until slushy.
Tasty, huh? What kind of recipes can you come up with using fruits that are in season? We want to know! Leave a comment below or tweet us @bncollege!