We’re often led to believe that college life can only mean poor eating habits, a lack of meal options, and the dreaded Freshman 15 (*shudder*). We’re here to disprove those myths!
In order to help you really step up your culinary game, we’ve enlisted the help of expert, Dan Churchill – MasterChef Australia veteran, author of Dudefood and The Healthy Cook, blogger, speaker, TV cook, and a Master in exercise science (need we go on?). Dan will guide you, step by step, through a series of delicious and healthy dorm-friendly recipes. You’ll need just a few pieces of cooking equipment and a few ingredients.
Yes, you (and your tastebuds) just might be in heaven.
Let’s dive right in with Dan’s quick and simple Chai Porridge recipe! Skip your daily chai latte and kick off your morning with this mouthwatering breakfast instead.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 second drizzle of honey
- 1/2 handful of pecans
- Pour oats into small saucepan. Add the water.
- Bring pot to a high heat and cover with lid until it starts to boil. Once the mixture starts to boil, turn heat to low and stir.
- After stirring, remove from heat and add spices. Give it a quick stir to incorporate them into the porridge.
- Drizzle honey on top and mix again.
- Take 1/2 handful of pecans and add on top. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, add coconut and fruit.
Voila! Just a few simple steps to a delectable meal. Try it for yourself and tweet us how it came out! If you have any questions, be sure to post a comment below.
Be sure to subscribe to Dan’s YouTube channel for tons of tips, recipes, and how-to’s. Don’t forget to check out his other social channels!