To us, life can feel like a never-ending clash between our love of eating and our desire to be healthy. Luckily for us (and for you), we have culinary expert and healthy-eating extraordinaire, Dan Churchill, here to help us on our quest for recipes that are equal parts nutritious and delicious. This week, he’s putting a healthy twist on classic rice dishes. Yes, we’re talking about cauliflower!
Keep reading to get the inside scoop – your tastebuds will thank you.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Small spoonful of butter
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. tumeric
- 1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable stock
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice your onion and mince your two cloves of garlic.
- Take your pan and put it over medium heat. Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add your sliced onion and minced garlic to the pan.
- While the onion and garlic cook, finely chop your cauliflower. You can also use a food processor, if you have one.
- Add the cauliflower to the pan. Mix in with the other ingredients and let cook until slightly golden.
- Add your spices and mix in with the ingredients already in the pan. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also add some cumin, coriander, or chili powder.
- Slowly pour in your chicken or vegetable stock. Stir and let cook for about a minute.
- Finish off with some lemon juice.
- Eat up!
We hope you are loving all of these #DormDudeFood recipes as much as we are! Let us know what you think of this super delicious and – more importantly – super healthy recipe! Share your experience with us on Twitter & Instagram – #DormDudeFood. Let us know if there are any other recipes you’d like to see next.
If you haven’t already, check out previous recipes from Dan:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe to Dan’s YouTube channel for tons of tips, recipes, and how-to’s. Don’t forget to check out his other social channels while you’re at it!