It’s crunch time. You’re studying, you’re packing, you’re saying goodbyes to friends and professors, and…oh yeah, you’re STRESSED! The last thing you want to worry about is what you’ll be eating while you knock everything off your list. Well, we’ve got you covered with the ultimate study snacks list, with not only tasty options, but healthy brain foods that are easy to take on-the-go while you get ‘er done. Ready?
Okay, let’s snack!
- Got a sweet tooth? Packed with protein and an anti-oxidant kick, these frozen yogurt blueberries are easy to prep and easy to take with you. Just coat some fresh blueberries in your favorite yogurt, toss them on some wax paper, slide it into the freezer and in a few hours you’ll have the perfect sweet treat to pop between speed reading chapters of your textbooks.
- Whole grains are always at the top of the ‘brain food’ lists out there, so this roll-up is the perfect combo of whole grains, protein and fruity sweetness to keep you moving. Spread your preferred nut-butter on a whole grain tortilla, toss in a whole peeled banana, roll it all up and slice into easy to eat and carry bites of deliciousness!
- Popcorn isn’t just for the movies anymore…crunch away on this super easy snack while you’re running across campus. Don’t forget the toppings! While you can buy premade popcorn, the best stuff is made at home the old fashioned way on the stove. Either way you pop it, there’s plenty of ways to season it, from Sriracha to ranch, cheese, or just plain old butter.
- Hummus? Yes please! We’ve yet to find a food that doesn’t go well with hummus, so the options are endless! From veggies to whole grain pita or chips, that dip is mighty versatile, yummy, and healthy to boot. Grab the single serve packs at a grocery store, portion out some from a bigger jar, or make your own, and grab whatever you’ll be dipping and you’re good to go! Hummus is packed with healthy oils and fats, and plenty of protein from the chick peas, it’s sure to satisfy your study cravings.
- Yes, the coolest, hippest, trendiest food around right now really does live up to all the hype. These versatile greens can be found in plenty of recipes, but our favorite….is the chips. Straightforward and quick, making kale chips is the perfect break from your studying, and then the perfect snack to bring along with you to fill any salty unhealthy cravings you might be having. All you need is some olive oil, salt and pepper, and any other seasonings you’re feeling that day; we favor the spicy and go for some curry powder or cayenne pepper on ours.
Hopefully, your mouth is watering and your brainpower is kicking in! What are your favorite study snacks? Comment below!