Memorial Day means one thing…SUMMER! And whether you’re back home or still on campus, the upcoming three day weekend is the perfect time to throw yourself and your friends a BBQ to kick off the summer season. To celebrate, we’re sharing some of our favorite BBQ ideas, recipes, and DIY’s to get your party started in style (and on a budget!)
1. What makes classic games better? DIY-ing them in GIANT replicas for the ultimate backyard fun and games experience! We’re partial to the oversized Jenga idea, but lawn Twister sounds pretty good to us too.
2. Put a twist on everyone’s favorite summer fruit with this sweet and salty watermelon, mint and feta cheese salad. Colorful and delicious, it’s the perfect dish for the afternoon heat!
3. Festive decor makes the party after all, and these free printable USA banners are the perfect addition to your backyard fete.
4. Turn the classic BBQ on its head and instead make grilled pizzas! Set up a pizza bar for your guests and have them create their own special personal pie. Use homemade dough or grab the pre-made ones for an even easier option. Throw ‘em on the grill for an easy meal that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy.
5. Feeling really creative? Add some mood lighting for the evening with these DIY tin can lanterns. You can even do them in Red, White and Blue for the ultimate patriotic theme! Plus, throw in a citronella candle and they double as the prettiest way to keep those pesky mosquitoes out!
How are you celebrating Memorial Day? Share your long weekend with us #CapturetheFun and … @BNCollege