A new school year can be stressful. You have classes to pick, friends to make, clubs to join and a whole lot of studying to do. With all of that going on, who has time to stress about problem skin? Our friends at AcneFree have compiled six tips to help you keep your skin clear this school year – so you can spend less time worrying about your skin and more time on the important stuff – like that paper due tomorrow.
6 Tips to School Your Skin
- Exam day? Homework overload? Don’t let stress trigger skin struggles. Make an effort to relax (go for a run, listen to some good music, binge-watch Netflix) to help reduce stress that may trigger acne.
- Stop the pop! We know it’s hard to resist, but popping pimples can lead to scarring, irritation and even more acne. Leave the popping to quizzes and treat pimples with AcneFree to help eliminate acne bacteria and fight breakouts.
- Just left the gym? Don’t stew in your sweat! Cleanse skin as soon as possible to fight face and body breakouts. Toss a pack of cleansing wipes in your bag for an easy way to help keep skin clear on the go.
- Don’t over wash your face, even if you’re feeling oily. Doing so strips the skin of essential lipids, causing it to produce more oil. Wash in the AM & PM and use blotting papers during the day to blot away excess oil.
- Too many late night study sessions can lead to dull, lifeless-looking skin. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night and keep hydrated throughout the day to improve skin health.
- Breaking out on your cheeks or jawline? Your smartphone may be to blame. Try keeping your phone (and your face) clear of bacteria by wiping it down with antibacterial wipes.
Use these tips to help put your best face forward this school year, and be sure to check out AcneFree® products, now available for purchase at the bookstore. For more information about AcneFree products, please visit www.acnefree.com