With classes bright and early in the morning, the last thing we want to do is wake up extra early to put on a full face of makeup. Fortunately for us, it feels a little silly if our makeup is anything but simple in an 8 am lecture anyways. When it comes to simple beauty, the goal isn’t bold lips, winged eyeliner, and crazy contour. We want to enhance your natural beauty while getting rid of those spots you might not be so happy about – dark circles, uneven skin tone, large pores, etc.
1) Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Gel
2) BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer
3) Clinique Acne Solutions Powder Makeup
4) Clinique Skinny Stick Eyeliner
5) Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
6) Tarte Tartiest Creamy Matte Lip Paint
1) Always apply makeup to clean skin! We chose an acne cleansing gel, which forms a rich lather and keeps our skin clear.
2) A foundation primer does wonders. It keeps your makeup perfectly set all day, and helps conceal large pores and lines.
3) Place a small drop (a little bit goes a long way!) onto finger tips, and massage onto face in a circular motion.
4) A powder makeup is great for class because it’s super lightweight and controls oil and shine throughout a long day.
*BONUS – If you prefer more coverage, feel free to use a BB cream under the powder foundation. However, we found that the powder itself did a great job.
5) Using just a corner of the makeup sponge, lightly pat the powder foundation until it’s covered. Once again, a little bit goes a long way!
6) With light hand movements, gently sweep the sponge throughout your face. If you prefer, you can use a makeup brush instead.
1) A thin black eyeliner is a perfect way to bring some life to your eyes on an early morning. Clinique’s Skinny Stick has a very fine tip, which makes it easy to control.
2) Starting from the outer corner, line your bottom lashes until about 3/4 of the way across your eye for a natural looking line.
*Bonus – if your top lashes are thin and sparse, run your eyeliner inside your top lash line. This is called tightlining and it creates the illusion of fuller lashes.
3) Mascara helps eyes look wider and lashes look thicker. We used a Too Faced mascara because it does a great job creating fullness. However, feel free to opt for a cheaper brand.
4) For the top lashes, get full coverage by first sweeping the brush inwards, and then sweeping again outwards. This makes sure your lashes are fully coated, and it will help fan your lashes outward. Don’t forget to apply to your bottom lashes so that it awakens your eyes more.
5) Check your lashes under a good light to make sure you didn’t miss and stray lashes!
1) Matte lips are in – so we had to include this Tarte lip paint! For a natural look, use a nude or light pink shade. We used Tartiest Lip Paint in Namaste, but there are plenty more shades to choose from if this is too light for your skin tone.
2) Apply evenly, and allow to dry. Matte colors often don’t appear matte until they’ve dried.
There you have it! As you can see, this look is super simple and natural, but it definitely does a great job of waking up the face. Less dark circles, no baggy eyes, invisible blemishes, and only 5 minutes! What more could you ask for?
Like what you see? If so, we have good news for you. The Clinique products used in this tutorial, as well as many more Clinique goodies, are available in select Barnes & Noble College campus bookstores! Make sure to check out your school’s store for availablity.