You likely just spent all of break doing whatever you want and sleeping whenever you want. Now it’s time to get back into a routine. The struggle is real, and it probably looks something like this.
1. Totally forgetting how to fall asleep at a normal hour.
2. Trying to calculate how late you can sleep in and still make it to your first class.
3. Then remembering just how painful getting up for a morning lecture is.
4. Insisting on squeezing in that coffee run you thought you’d have time for.
5. Forgetting to take into consideration how hard it is finding parking on campus.
6. Hoping your friends have a break the same time as you so that you won’t have to eat lunch alone.
7. Figuring out the best way to get from class to class without any awkward encounters.
8. Trying to gauge which professors won’t care if you’re late.
9. Forgetting what it’s like to actually do work.
10. Reasoning with yourself that there is enough time to nap between classes.
11. Then realizing there actually wasn’t after you barely made it to your lecture.
12. But when all is said and done, your routine eventually becomes second nature.