Move-in day is the biggest day of the year for students moving into a dorm for the first time. It’s nerve-wracking, it’s exciting, and it can be summed up perfectly with these 10 gifs below!
1. When you’re anxiously waiting to see if all of your belongings will fit in the car.
There’s no way you’re leaving anything behind.
2. That nervous feeling you get the whole drive over to your school.
You’re literally moving to a place where you don’t know anybody.
3. And the moment when you arrive and those nerves turn to excitement.
New friends…New space…There’s so much new!
4. That unpleasant sweating that ensues as soon as you start unloading the car.
You probably shouldn’t have done your makeup beforehand.
5. And hauling your belongings to your room becomes a bigger workout than you anticipated.
Luckily, there are plenty of people to help out.
6. When you’ve unloaded everything, but don’t know what to unpack first.
Do I make the bed? Do I hang my clothes?
7. Scoping out all of your hall-mates wondering who you’ll become friends with.
Oh, she has a whole bin of snacks? We’ll definitely be friends.
8. That moment of completion when you finally meet your roommate in person.
Because those texts and DM’s just aren’t the same.
9. When you can’t stop staring in amazement after your room is finally complete.
It’s absolutely perfect.
10. And realizing how real this actually feels once your parents say goodbye.
Well, now what?