Get your sweet tooth ready… these 4th of July cake pops are delicious! If you’re not familiar with making cake pops, you might be surprised to learn that it’s actually a super simple process. We whipped up a batch of our own and decided to give them a patriotic twist for the 4th of July. Check it out!
Ingredients and supplies:
Cake mix & any ingredients listed on the box (i.e. milk, eggs, etc.)
Frosting (store bought is fine!)
Blue and red candy melts (found at most craft stores)
Edible glitter stars (found at most craft stores)
White cookie icing
Lollipop sticks (found at most craft stores)
(1) Prepare your cake as directed on the box and allow to cool. Crumble the cake into fine pieces, then mix in about 1/3 cup of frosting. Careful – a little bit of frosting goes a long way!
(2) Mold the mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball and place on a baking sheet.
(3) Melt a little bit of your candy melts in the microwave using the instructions on the bag.
(4) Dip the end of the lollipop sticks into the melted candy melts, then quickly stick them into the cake balls. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
(5) Melt the rest of your candy melts into a mug, then dip in the cake pops until they’re completely coated. You’ll want to add the glitter stars to the blue pops while the coating is still wet. For the red pops, allow the coating to harden a bit and then add white stripes with the cookie icing.
(6) Place the pops in the refrigerator until the candy coating is completely hardened. Then, enjoy!
Plus, try out our patriotic parfaits!